Dren tries to poison the city by using cherry trees to pollute the air. The girls know they must destroy the trees, but Zoey can't bring herself to do it because one tree means so much to Mark.
- This was the 12th episode in the original Japanese version. It was aired as the pilot and was never referenced in the rest of the English dubbed series, leaving plot-holes.
- It was initially created as a "sneak peek" episode that was to air September 4, 2004, as part of a promotion that 4Kids TV (at the time called the Fox Box) was hosting known as "You Pick It, We Play It". During the summer, previews for Mew Mew Power were shown along with One Piece and F-Zero: GP Legend and viewers had the opportunity to go online and vote for which one they wanted to air first. Throughout the poll, One Piece and Mew Mew Power were neck and neck, while F-Zero: GP Legend was in last place. Just when it seemed Mew Mew Power would win at the end, F-Zero: GP Legend ended up airing, possibly due to a rigging.
- When the episode was initially scheduled for its February 19, 2005 airdate, it was scheduled that The Cramp Twins would continue to occupy its timeslot the weeks after, implying that it would be a sneak peek with the series officially airing in the fall. At the last minute, 4Kids canceled The Cramp Twins and continued airing Mew Mew Power in its slot, leaving no explanation as to why this episode doesn't fit in with the rest of the series.
- When Zoey was transforming into a Mew Mew, her finishing pose is left intact even though it is usually omitted from the dub. This was most likely due to the fact that it was originally a shortened transformation sequence to begin with (Only showing the Pendant and her final pose), so there was no need to edit it.
- Before "Mew Mew Power" became the official name for the English dub of Tokyo Mew Mew, one of its names were The Mew Mews and this episode proves it because in a preview for the next episode narrated by Zoey, she signs off by saying, "See you next time on The Mew Mews", meaning that this episode was dubbed first before an actual name for the dub was decided. This can also be proven in the opening sequence because it doesn't show the official Mew Mew Power logo at the end like usual.