Warning: This page may contain spoilers! Read at your own risk!
The Blue Knight is an unknown alien male introduced at the end of the fourth volume of the manga when he suddenly appears to rescue Ichigo during a battle with Quiche. He tells Ichigo that he "is hers" and that he was "born to protect her". (You could take this literally, for this persona of Masaya was born out of his desire to protect Ichigo.)
After his first appearance, the Blue Knight reappeared whenever Ichigo was in danger—fighting with an unnamed sword and disappearing soon after. As the series progresses, Ichigo attempts to learn his true identity, suspecting both Ryou and Keiichiro at one point, before learning near the end of the series that he is an alternate persona of her boyfriend, Masaya Aoyama. The persona, which had no memory until Masaya transformed to protect Ichigo in front of her, was created out of his desire to protect Ichigo. After his true identity is revealed, the Blue Knight, now knowing he is Masaya, goes with Mew Ichigo to fight together with the other Mew Mews. There is it revealed that Masaya/Blue Knight is are both alternate personalities of their worst enemy Deep Blue. The Blue Knight disappears after Masaya's transformation into Deep Blue.
Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode
In Tokyo Mew Mew à la Mode, Masaya notes that he no longer possesses the powers he had as the Blue Knight. In the anime adaptation, the Blue Knight is given a larger role, fighting with all of the Mew Mews several times, advising them to the weaknesses of the monsters, and encouraging them.
- "I am the one who was born only to protect thee."
- "You are alot heavier than you look."
- His voice actor is Megumi Ogata in Tokyo Mew Mew.
- In the Mew Mew Power English adaptation, he is one of the few characters whose original name is retained.
- He is voiced by Sean Schemmel in Mew Mew Power.
- In Italian dub the Blue Knight was dubbed by Davide Garbolino, Ryo Shirogane's Italian voice actor.